Drilling HSE Officer
LANGUAGES: strong oral and written English communication skills, Arabic, Chinese and Russian of advantage
A. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The candidates shall have/be the following:
- Degree/HMD or equivalent.
- Recognized professional qualifications in HSE Management.
- Valid Medical Certificate.
- Adequate working experience of 18 years, 10 years experience working in the Oil & Gas industry and with drilling rigs, and at least 5 years in the current position.
- Preferable good track record with CUSTOMER drilling HSE operations.
- Familiar & experienced with HSE Standards, Procedures, HSE culture, and HSE Management Systems of major international operators.
- Computer literate.
- Familiar & experienced with contracts and dealing with drilling rig and service company HSE Management.
- Ability to write clear & comprehensive HSE Procedures, Emergency Response and HSE Management Documents and to manage follow-up and close out.
B. RESPONSIBILITY / DUTIES / SCOPE OF WORK
The Drilling HSE Officer is required to:
- Based at the rig site.
- Provide HSE advice, support and representation for the country based drilling team.
- Advise, direct, support, and monitor all COMPANY personnel and activities to ensure compliance with CUSTOMER, and COMPANY management systems.
- Implement CUSTOMER and CUSTOMER HSE Management Systems for drilling activities.
- Operate as part of a "team".
- Conduct & participate in regular (weekly & monthly) HSE Meetings with CUSTOMER and COMPANY representatives and submit minutes of meetings.
- Follow up and close out HSE issues & actions resulting from CUSTOMER and COMPANY HSE Meetings.
- Champion and lead CUSTOMER's cultural and behavioral HSE in remote locations.
- Demonstrate the company's commitment to HSE.
- Ensure effective drilling HSE improvement plans are in place and being implemented.
- Undertake all COMPANY rig site audits & reviews to ensure compliance with their HSE Management System.
- Create and implement various drilling related procedures, including but not limited to Bridging Documents, HSE plans, Rig Move procedures, etc.
- Lead & participate in drilling related Project Risk Assessments (PRA's), HAZID's, HAZOPS's, Risk Assessments, etc.
- Produce reports to management covering all HSE issues.
Investigate any Lost Time Incidents (LTI's), or serious safety issues fully & comprehensively, and circulate lessons learned to all involved.
Monitor and report Drilling HSE weekly & monthly statistics.