LANGUAGES: strong oral and written English communication skills, Arabic, Chinese or Russian of advantage
A. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Technical qualifications and possess a degree in Engineering will be an advantage.
Must have at least 15 years diversified petroleum industry experience gained through long exposure to drilling, workover and completion operations at rig site with 10 years drilling operation as Well Logging Supervisor, including testing the HPHT, H2S wells.
Must possess valid well control certificate (IWCF preferred).
Must possess valid Basic HSE Training, First Aid and H2S certificates.
Must have basic understanding of theories and principals involved in the following diversified technical areas:
- International Association of Drilling Company’s (IADC)'s broad guidelines and practices
- Various land rigs design, safety specifications and selection
- Have the experience of logging program preparation.
- Have the experience of contract and invoice management.
- Proficient in operating Microsoft Office software, such as excel, word, PPT, etc.
- Skilfully use interpretation software for quality control of logging, and oil, gas, water identification.
- Master all the logging QC procedure of logging data including LWD of horizontal well.
- Skilfully calculate formation pressure coefficient, formation fluids density and sample the pure fluids of formation, etc.
- Skilfully identify particular lithology, through logging curves, such as salt, anhydrite, limestone, and dolomite.
- Skilfully quality control of high tech-logging tools, such as nuclear magnetic resonance, Image logging, Micro resistivity image logging, Modular Dynamic formation tester, vertical seismic profile etc.
- Master emergency processing procedure, could make the right choice of well logging operation under emergency.
- Master the different working style of different Logging Company, especially foreign company. Such as: Baker Hughes, SLB, Weatherford, and Halliburton.
B. RESPONSIBILITY / DUTIES / SCOPE OF WORK
The Well Logging Supervisor man is required to:
- According to well history and geological prognosis of these oil fields, high pressure formation, H2S, and well collapse always cause complicated situation or serious accident. Logging Supervisors should analysis, sum up well history, and master logging overview and key point in every stage before operation start.
- Prepare logging program according to their experience and the analysis of well history.
- Logging Supervisor is required to be familiar with Islamic culture and local climate, has the ability to make proper instruction in bad weather, e.g. storm.
- Logging Supervisor is required to be familiar with different tools of different logging company.
- Logging Supervisor is required to be familiar with management systems and the Reporting system, ensure the communication between rig and office is unobstructed and timely.
- An experts group should be set up by the contractor to support for the logging operations 24 hours on-line, and the experts should support and guide for special and complicated wells.
- Logging Supervisor should command the schedule of logging job, make sure to mobilize the logging equipment and crew to the rig timely, according to the drilling progress.
- Logging Supervisor should coordinate closely with logging engineer in order to ensure the execution of operation program and safe measures, and organize related person to hold a meeting to exchange and discuss operation issues at necessary time.
- Logging Supervisor should take full responsibility of logging job on well site on behalf of Company, to supervise all logging operation according to program, inclusive of program, quality, efficiency, cost, and so on; try to avoid HSE accident happened during logging.
- Logging Supervisor is required to report operation records to COMPANY at least two time per day during logging time , at morning and night ; if necessary, report to COMPANY at any time, inclusive of any emergency, any different between operation and program, logging supervisor should execute the instructions from COMPANY strictly.
- Logging Supervisor should be on duty，24-hours continuous work by one supervisor at well site during logging.
- Logging Supervisor should master one kind of interpretation software at least, for example, GEOLOG or Tech-log or together. Logging Supervisor should use the software to do the depth control, X-plot to double-check the quality of the logging data, and make the preliminary interpretation results following the instructions of the COMPANY.
- Logging Supervisor should master the applications and limitations of different tools of different logging company. According to the stratigraphic information, mud properties, formation fluids properties, well temperature, choose the proper logging tools to accomplish the geological objective in a better way.
- Complete final logging report and submit to COMPANY within 20 days after completion.
- Submit a technical summary of logging operation as per the requirements of COMPANY.
- Sum up experience of logging operation for further guidance of the following wells.